Sports/Fitness/Facility Safety Programs //
Would you ever, ever drop your child off at a pool without a lifeguard? Then why do you drop off your kids at the football, soccer, basketball, or baseball fields without the knowledge that someone is trained to take care of them if they got injured?
CPR/AED/First Aid Training For Healthcare Providers, Coaches, Officials, Fitness Professionals, Parents and Athletes
Why do I teach sports safety?
Because safety comes first! My passion is sports injury prevention, especially with children! Most injuries can be prevented and almost all can be minimized with proper sports safety implementation and sports performance training.
Why Choose Us for CPR/AED/First Aid Training?
1. I teach the class! I have been teaching American Heart Association CPR to coaches and fitness professionals for over 25 years. Please read Dr. Duke Beattie's letter below.
2. On site training - I can come to you!
3. You will get your AHA CPR AED card at the completion of the class. No waiting for cards!
4. AHA certification is valid for 2 years!
5. A free Emergency Plan consultation for your league/school/facility.
6. Free Emergency Action Plan for your league or facility. See more in Sports Safety Programs below.
7. A fun, practical class!
8. Affordable sliding price scale based on class size.
Click here for free CPR Study Guide.
The American Heart Association requires each student to purchase the Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED Student Workbook. Click here to purchase the workbook from the AHA as an ebook.
Sports safety, CPR, AED, First Aid, concussion training in Dallas, Rockwall, Rowlett, Garland, Sachse, Wylie, Royce City, Mesquite, Farmers Branch, Allen, Murphy, Plano, Frisco, Richardson
Sports/Fitness/Facility Safety Programs
Does your child (or do you) play soccer, basketball, baseball, football, volleyball, lacrosse, field hockey, ice hockey, or any other sport? Are they involved in cheerleading or dance?
Have you ever asked the league/school/facility if they have a safety program?
Does the league your child plays in:
1. Have a written Emergency Plan for each team
2. Require CPR/AED training for at least one coach per team
3. Require First Aid training for at least one coach per team
4. Require a proper First Aid Kit for each team
5. Require Concussion education for at least one coach per team
6. Require Heat Illness education for at least one coach per team
7. Require MRSA infection education for at least one coach per team
8. Require Lightning and Harzardous Weather training for at least one coach per team
9. Require Strength and Conditioning, Warm-up, Cool down training for at least one coach per team
10. Have a "protective exercise" or injury prevention program (FIFA does!)?
Here is a list of the services I provide to make your league safe:
1. CPR/AED/First Aid Training - BLS American Heart Association (see above)
2. Emergency Action Plan Development
3. First Aid Kits specific to sport
4. Concussion Education
5. Heat Illness Education
6. MRSA Education
7. Rhabdomyolysis Education
8. Lightning and Hazardous Weather Education
11. Strength and Conditioning, Proper Warm-up and Cool Down Training
13. Sports Nutrition and Recovery
14. "Rub Some Dirt on it!" What every coach and parent should know about on the field injury care. This book was part of the course Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries - a National Federation of State High School Associations certified First Aid course.
According to Safe Kids USA, 1.35 million youths a year have serious sports injuries. More than a million times a year, or about every 25 seconds, a young athlete visits a hospital emergency room for a sports-related injury. Source
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that more than half of all youth sports injuries are preventable.
May 17, 2013
On behalf of Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) and its 25 high schools and 39 middle schools, I would like to express my appreciation for your assistance in providing for a safer athletic environment. You have provided valuable advice on numerous occasions, and have assisted in implementing a comprehensive weight certification program for wrestling. You have also assisted for many years in certifying MCPS coaches in CPR.
But most of all, I appreciate your assistance over the past nine years in instructing aspiring athletic coaches in the course Care and Prevention of Injuries. In this capacity, you have instructed approximately 150 coaches per year, over 1,000 MCPS paid and volunteer coaches over the better part of a decade.
In addition to important safety principals, you have provided valuable instruction on proper training techniques. Again, thank you for your dedication and professionalism.
William (Duke) Beattie, Ph.D.
Director of Systemwide Athletics
Montgomery County Public Schools
Rockville, Maryland 20850