Amalgam Fillings. Are you at risk?


Dental health has become a huge topic of discussion in the Functional Medicine community.

Read the FDA's Amalgam Filling Statement:

"Bioaccumulation refers to the build-up or steadily increasing concentration of a chemical in organs or tissues in the body. Mercury from dental amalgam and other sources (e.g., fish) is bioaccumulative. Studies of healthy subjects with amalgam fillings have shown that mercury from exposure to mercury vapor bioaccumulates in certain tissues of the body including kidneys and brain. Studies have not shown that bioaccumulation of mercury from dental amalgam results in damage to target organs."

Mercury, a proven neurotoxin (

Toxic Effects of Mercury on the Cardiovascular and Central Nervous System), builds up in organs, but does not cause damage. Hmmmm.

Then, read this Patients’ experiences of changes in health complaints before, during, and after removal of dental amalgam:

"This poses the following dilemma: Even though there is not sufficient evidence to lend scientific credibility to an amalgam syndrome diagnosis, standard safety margins are lacking, thus making it impossible to rule out that, for some people, amalgam might be associated with a risk of negative health effects (Richardson et al., 2011)."

Seems backward to me. Shouldn't we prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that what we are putting in a patient's mouth is safe BEFORE we start using it?

You decide. I have already made my decision. NO WAY!

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Classic
  • Twitter Classic
  • Google Classic

The information on this website is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent, or cure any disease.

© 2013 by Steven M. Horwitz, D.C.. Proudly created with Wix.com