MY COVID PROPHYLAXIS
Many have asked what I am doing to stay well. Here it is. This is what I do for me and my family.
Click here for a simple 1 page spreadsheet
COVID-19: Prophylaxis and Early Care Protocol
THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE AND IS PROVIDED FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY!
Supplement Amounts are what I use for me. Consult your doctor and figure what is best for you.
PROPHYLAXIS (What I do)*
1. Sleep – Make it priority #1.
2. Diet – Eat real food. Minimal to zero ultra-processed food. For me, lot’s of grass fed/finished beef.
3. Regular exercise
4. Get sunlight, especially in the morning. Get your minimal erythemal dose meaning stay in the sun until you get just a little red. This will allow your body to produce approximately 20,000 IU of Vitamin D.
5. Vitamin D: 5000 IU per day (I take considerably more based on my blood work). Test, don't guess. Base intake on getting levels to > 40 ng/dl. I prefer 50 - 70 ng/dl.
AAPS: 5000 IU per day
I-MASK: 1000 IU - 3000 IU per day
6. Vitamin C: 1000 mg per day
AAPS: 500 mg - 1000 mg twice per day
I-MASK: 1000 mg twice to four times per day
7. Zinc Picolinate: 25 mg per day
AAPS: 220 mg zinc sulfate/day
I-MASK: 30 mg - 40 mg/day
8. Quercetin: 500 - 1000 mg per day
AAPS: 500 mg twice per day
I-MASK: 250 mg per day
9. NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine): 500 – 1000 mg per day
Not discussed by AAPS or I-MASK. I have added it based on the published literature.
10. Melatonin: 0.3 mg per day (before bed)
AAPS: Not discussed
I-MASK: 6 mg daily before bed
11. Self check:
Morning Blood Glucose (get a blood glucose monitor)
If I am out and about, especially if I am around others (meaning I am in close proximity for > 1 hour)
1. Wash hands immediately after getting home.
2. Clean my phone with alcohol.
3. Gargle with Listerine: 30 sec
4. Nasal Swab with 10% povidone Iodine diluted 10:1 or hydrogen peroxide for 15 sec per nostril
5. Suck on a Zinc lozenge when with others
*If I was a healthcare professional treating COVID patients or around people in close proximity daily on a regular basis I would add Ivermectin: 0.2 mg/kg (200 mcg per kg or .91 mcg per pound)
I-MASK: One dose on day 1 and day 3 and then once per two weeks.
Pay attention to signs and symptoms:
Fever (> 100.3°)
Loss of Smell
Loss of Taste
GI upset (“tummy ache”)
Temperature: Take your temperature > 100.3° is considered a fever.
SPO2: Use pulse oximeter. Less than 95% is of concern and a doctor’s consult is warranted.
All of the above prophylaxis protocol, plus:
1. Rhinocort or Nebulize as in #2
2. Nebulize Every 6 hours: Add 3-4 drops of 3% H202 and 3-4 drops of 2% Lugol’s iodine to 3 cc of saline
a. How to make Saline solution: 8 oz water, ½ teaspoon salt, boil 15 minutes
3. Increase Vitamin C to 1000 mg per (waking) hour
4. Increase Zinc to 100 mg per day
5. Drugs: Ivermectin, HCQ, Antobiotic (azithromycin, doxycycline, ceftriaxone)
a. Ivermectin: 0.2 mg/kg (200 mcg per kg or .91 mcg per pound)
I-MASK: One dose daily minimum two days up to 5 days.
b. Dr. Zelenko Protocol: HCQ: 200mg 2 times a day for 7 days, Azithromycin 500mg 1 time a day for 5 days
6. Baby Aspirin or Regular Aspirin (80 mg - 325 mg) or a natural anticoagulant like Turmeric, Cayenne Pepper, Ginger, Vitamin E. I take Turmeric daily anyway (prior to COVID).
AAPS Guide to Home based Treatment
Pathophysiologic Basis and Clinical Rationale for Early Ambulatory Treatment of COVID-19
Early Ambulatory Multidrug Therapy Reduces Hospitalization and Death in High-Risk Patients with SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)